Luxembourg Society for Contemporary Music indkalder værker til den 9. internationale Internationale Kompositionspris, som skal uddeles i efteråret 2010. Værker skal indsendes senest 10. september.Komponister fra hele verden kan indsende bidrag, og i år skal der komponeres et koncertstykke for violin og ensemblet Luxenbourg Sinfonietta. Nærmere beskrivelse følger herunder (på engelsk):
Participants (no age limit) are kindly asked to write compositions for the whole ensemble:
1 solo violin
1 clarinet in Bb
1 bass clarinet in Bb
1 alto saxophone
1 horn in F
1 percussion player (vibraphone, glockenspiel, 3 tom-toms, 2 suspended cymbals, bass drum)
- Only one entry per composer will be accepted.
- Pieces submitted must have been written especially for this competition and must not have been performed or awarded a prize previously.
- The duration of the performance must be stated on the score and be between 8 and 10 minutes.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entries (3 copies of the score) must be sent by registered post. They will only be considered if they are anonymous and identified by a code word.
- Composers must send CDs including either Sibelius or Finale files besides three copies of the scores.
- Pieces submitted must be accompanied by a sealed envelope also marked with just the code word, which contains the composer’s name, address, photo, curriculum vitae and a copy of the passport.
- All documents should be sent to the following address:
3, route d’Arlon
- Deadline for entries: 10 September 2010
- The compositions will be judged by an international jury.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st prize: € 3,000
2nd prize: € 2,000
3rd prize: € 1,000
- The jury reserves the right not to award a prize.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- The material for the performance of the selected compositions must be made available to the ensemble Luxembourg Sinfonietta free of charge.
- The scores submitted will remain the property of the Luxembourg Music Information Centre.